Jan Czesław Dobrowolski – Curriculum Vitae
- 1978-1983 Faculty of Chemistry at the University of Warsaw
- 1983 M.Sc. Degree in the Laboratory of Intermolecular Interactions
- 1986-1990 Afternoon Studies at the Faculty of Mathematics, UW
- 1992 Ph.D. Degree in tech. sci. Industrial Chemistry Research Institute, Warsaw.
- 2003 D.Sc. Degree (Habilitation) Physical Chemistry Faculty of Chemistry, UW.
- 2011 Full professor.
Active English, passive French, passive Russian.
- Computational Chemistry – problems connected to pharmacy and nuclear chemistry
- Mathematical Chemistry – some aspects of Graph Theory and Topological Isomerism
- Physical Organic Chemistry – especially Chirality Measures, Substituent Effect, Heteroatom Incorporation Effect, Aromaticity
- Vibrational Spectroscopy – especially IR and VCD
- June 2016 he has joined the Editorial Board of the MATCH Communications in Mathematical and in Computer Chemistry journal devoted to chemically important mathematical results and non-routine applications of mathematical techniques to chemical problems.
- Dec.2013- Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology
- 1984-2013 Industrial Chemistry Research Institute, 2008-2013 head of the Spectroscopy and Molecular Modeling Group, ICRI
- 1997- National Medicines Institute, Department for Drug Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
- 1991/1992 three months in Rütgerswerke A.G. in Duisburg, Germany.
- 1992 Fulbright scholarship in Prof. Milan Randić Lab in Drake University, USA.
- Author and co-author of over 190 papers, over 2100 independent citations, Hirsch Index 26.
- Additionaly he is author and co-author of 5 book chapters, 20 papers in local journals, 2 German, 3 Polish patents, and 2 Polish patent applications.
Supervised Ph.D. Theses
- 2006, Dr. Joanna E Rode (ICRI), (with honors) Faculty of Chemistry, University of Warsaw.
- 2008, Dr. Wojciech P. Ozimiński (NMI) (with honors), Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw.
- 2010, Dr. Sławomir Ostrowski (ICRI), Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw.
- 2015, Dr. Pharm. Andrzej Mazurek (NMI) (with honors), Wrsaw Medical University, Warsaw
- 2016, Dr. Piotr F. J. Lipiński (MMRC PAS), Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw.
- 2017, Dr. Katarzyna Łuczyńska (INCT), Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw.
Reviewed Ph.D. and D.Sc. theses and Professors’ achievements
- 2005 Dr. Małgorzata Darowska (Hallman) from Warsaw Agriculture University, thesis defended at Faculty of Chemistry of University of Warsaw.
- 2010 Dr. Beata Wrzosek, Faculty of Chemistry of University of Warsaw.
- 2010 Dr. Michał A. Dobrowolski, Faculty of Chemistry of University of Warsaw.
- 2010 Dr. Sc. (Habitation) Marcin Palusiak, Faculty of Chemistry in University of Łódź.
- 2012 Prof. dr hab. (Professor achievments)Piotr Cysewski, Faculty of Chemistry of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
- 2014 Dr. Arkadiusz Ciesielski, Faculty of Chemistry of University of Warsaw
- 2015 Dr. Katarzyna Kosno, Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw
- 2015 Dr. Anna Wiśniewska, Faculty of Chemistry, Warsaw University of Technology
- 2017 Dr. Katarzyna Sujka, Warsaw Agriculture University, Warsaw.
- 2018 Prof. dr hab. Mariusz Makowski, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk.
- 2019 Dr. Magdalena Reder, Warsaw Agriculture University, Warsaw.
Lectures & Seminars
- In 2014 and 2008/2009 15 lectures on “Fundamentals of Molecular Spectroscopy – Optical Spectroscopy” for Ph.D. students of Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw.
- Between 2004 and 2018, co-organizer or member of scientific council of ChemSessions: the 1-day Seminars of Ph.D. Students of Warsaw District held by Warsaw Division of Polish Chemical Society.
- 1980-1981 head of Independent Student Society in Faculty of Chemistry, UW
- 1980-1983 students’ representative to Scientific Council of Faculty of Chemistry, UW.
- 1989-1991 vice leader of „Solidarity” in the Industrial Chemistry Research Institute.
- 1984-2010 member of „Solidarity”.
- 1991-1995 and since 1999 till 2013 member of Scientific Council of ICRI.
- 2006-2009 member of Employee’s Council in ICRI.
- 2008-2010 he was member of Common Disciplinary Commission of Research Institutes. Till the end of 2013 Disciplinary Spokesman in ICRI. The two disciplinary functions are connected to ethics of scientific work.
- 1999- member of the Polish Chemical Society. Since 2004 he is member of Directory of Warsaw Division of PCS. For 2009-2012 he was elected the head of the Division.
- 1999- member of the Polish Pharmaceutical Society.
- 2015- Member of Scientific Council of Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw